The University of Edinburgh (UoE) and the University of the Witwatersrand (Wits) are pleased to invite eligible scholarship applications to their collaborative Doctoral Programme in Sustainable African Futures (WESAF), Part 1: MSc by Research in Sustainable African Futures.
Wits-Edinburgh Sustainable African Futures (WESAF) Scholarships for 2023-2024
The WESAF doctoral programme aims to provide research training to equip students (primarily academics already holding tenured positions) to complete interdisciplinar (BST)y doctoral research on areas related to sustainability on the African continent.
If you have reviewed the eligibility criteria on the website at https:/ and believe you meet the criteria, please proceed to apply to Part 1: MSc by Research in Sustainable African Futures.
To ensure a smooth application experience we recommend you consider the following when completing the WESAF application form:
- Save the form regularly: while the form can be saved and returned to at a later date, it does not auto-save, so please ensure you are regularly saving your application content.
- Use a laptop/desktop if possible: while the application form is accessible by a smartphone, it is easier to complete the application on a laptop. If you complete it by phone, please ensure you hit ‘submit’ once you have completed the application in full. Saving it alone does not constitute submission.
- Submission is final: once you have submitted your application it is no longer possible to edit it again.
- Scholarship application before University application: if the WESAF Scholarship is the only scholarship you are interested to apply for at the University of Edinburgh, please apply for the scholarship only. DO NOT apply directly via the UoE Admissions until invited to do so.
- For further information, including a preview of the narrative questions in the application form
Deadline: 15 May 2023 17:00