East Rand Water Care Company (ERWAT) Job Announcement of Process Controller [20 Positions]. ERWAT, a leading water management organization, is seeking qualified candidates to join their team as Process Controllers.
There are 20 open positions for this role.
- Closing Date: October 27, 2023
- Reference Code: PRO_CNTRL
- Location: Kempton Park, Ekurhuleni
About East Rand Water Care Company
Established in 1992, ERWAT is responsible for providing bulk wastewater conveyance and treatment services to numerous industries and over 3.5 million residents.
The company currently operates 19 wastewater treatment facilities with a combined capacity of 700 to 1000 megalitres of wastewater per day, serving both domestic and industrial sectors.
ERWAT’s Strategic Focus Areas:
- Leveraging cutting-edge technologies for optimal wastewater treatment facilities at the right time and in the best geographical locations.
- Delivering sustainable, affordable, and high-quality wastewater services through innovative and effective organizational practices.
- Ongoing research and development of new technologies and energy-saving methods, with thorough testing prior to implementation.
- Becoming the preferred partner for growth and creating competitive value for shareholders and stakeholders.
As a Process Controller, your primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the continuous 24-hour operation of wastewater treatment plants or treatment modules, meeting effluent discharge and sludge disposal requirements as per License conditions.
- Safe handling of chemical solutions following standard operating procedures, optimizing dosing efficiency, and ensuring compliance and performance of all modules/plants.
- Contributing to cost optimization through efficient module operation and recording and reporting on the mass and levels of bulk chemicals like ferric chloride, Polyelectrolyte, and chlorine.
- Assisting in the training of subordinates, in-service trainees, and graduates, while enforcing compliance with safety regulations to prevent health and safety incidents.
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Wastewater Treatment NQF 4 certification and a minimum of 8 years’ experience, including 2 years at Grade B4.
- National Diploma, National Technical Diploma, NTC VI, or a BSc Degree in a relevant field, along with 2 years’ experience at Grade B4 (excluding in-service training).
- No prior managerial experience is necessary.
How to Apply
ERWAT is committed to EE (Employment Equity) objectives during the appointment process. Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, including relevant qualifications, ID, and proof of residence to [email protected], using the provided reference code in the subject line.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo a competency assessment, and the verification of qualifications, security vetting, and criminal records will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
Providing false or fraudulent information will result in automatic disqualification.
Closing Date for Applications: October 27, 2023
CVs received after the closing date will not be considered. If you haven’t received a response within fourteen (14) days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Issued by Communications, Marketing, and Stakeholder Engagement on behalf of the Human Resources Department.
For online applications, visit the ERWAT careers portal by clicking the link below. Apply now for this exciting opportunity.