Loreal South Africa is hiring a Quality Graduate (Hygienist)
Loreal South Africa is hiring a Quality Graduate (Hygienist): Quality Graduate (Hygienist).
Location: Midrand, Gauteng
L’Oréal South Africa is hiring a Quality Graduate (Hygienist)
The graduate will be responsible for the tracking and validation of equipment cleaning & sanitization processes, managing risks and validating changes to equipment, utilities & procedures.
They will also enforce and train employees on the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Manufacturing hygiene policies; monitoring microbiology trends for bulks, finished goods, water and environment to drive improvement initiatives.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for plant hygiene testing, investigations and equipment validations, i.e. Creates & executes cleaning and sanitization validation protocols on manufacturing, storage vessel, transfer piping and packaging equipment.
- Leads investigations into hygiene related non-conformances.
- Ensures equipment validation status through change control, periodic revalidation or verification activities.
- Trouble shooting of microbiological and cross contamination non-conformities to identify preventive and corrective actions.
- Coordinate and ensure the effectiveness of the action plans resulting from investigations of microbiological contamination, loss of performance, reduction of water consumption for achievement of business targets.
- Monitor production water quality, including validation of system changes and driving improvements to remediate out of specification results.
- Participate in new projects and co-ordinate management of change.
Technical/Professional & Personal Competencies Required
- Self-starter who takes pro-active measures to achieve objectives
- Quick and independent learner
- High level of integrity and responsibility, with a pro-active approach
- Energetic and focused on achieving results
- Good investigative skills for troubleshooting and willing and able to think ‘out of the box’
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at various levels on technical, results trends and training issues, so that the message is clear and well understood and with an ability to influence people in quality related matters
Qualification and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in major technical discipline: Mechanical Engineering preferred with Microbiology & Chemistry background, or equivalent experiences
- 1-3 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated computer skills specifically MS Excel including basic data management and analysis and ability to design these tools where necessary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment.
We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, medical condition or disability.
We adhere to all local Labour Relations legislation.