Applicants are invited to apply for the Procurement Internships for 2023 at the South African National Credit Regulator (NCR).
- Position: Procurement
- Intern Stipend: R5391.00 per month
National Credit Regulator Procurement Internships for 2023
- Applicants must have a relevant 3-year tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Finance.
- A previous internship or work experience is not allowed for applicants.
- No experience is necessary.
- Assist in managing the SCM office administration, such as scheduling committee meetings.
- Participating in the distribution of documentation and booking meeting venues during tender evaluations.
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and monthly SCM reports.
- Manage the entire competitive open tender, request for information, and request for quotation processes, including capturing the scores accurately.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and compliance with procurement processes within different departments.
- Assist in the timely completion of all prequalification checks and verifications for tender submissions and ensure they are uploaded to the NCR website on time
- The role of the person in this position is to obtain and analyse quotations from suppliers, to score them according to the PPPFA, and to follow-up on orders to ensure that they are delivered on time.
- By updating the register with new contracts, amendments, expired contracts, and reminders, the contract register is kept up-to-date.
- Register tenders and purchase orders.
- As and when required, prepare BBBEE Spend reports.
- The National Treasury central supplier database can be used to verify supplier details and tax compliance statuses.
- Maintain a proper filing system for all departmental documents. Expertise:
- Standards and processes related to procurement.
- Regulations issued by the National Treasury under the PFMA.
- Writing reports.
- Tendering and RFQ processes. Expertise:
- A proficient user of Microsoft Word and Excel, and a computer literate individual.
- The ability to work under pressure, be self-motivated, and pay attention to details are essential qualities.
- Ethics are of the highest standard.
- Team player who is flexible, motivated, and customer-focused.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Show commitment and honesty.
Maintain the highest standards of integrity and ethics in both your personal and professional life.
Closing Date: 12 April 2023
Providing market-related competitive packages, the National Credit Regulator is an equal opportunity organization. You can send a detailed CV to [email protected] using the reference number as a reference.
The only candidates who will be contacted are those who are shortlisted. No appointment will be made by the National Credit Regulator.