RCL Foods SHEQ Internship Programme 2023. RCL Foods is offering an exciting opportunity for qualified individuals to join their 2023 Safety, Health & Environment (SHEQ) Internship Programme. If you are passionate about enhancing safety and environmental practices, this is your chance to make a meaningful impact.
Closing date: October 8, 2023
Location: Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa
|Job Type Classification
RCL Foods SHEQ Internship Programme 2023
Join the Vision of Providing MORE Food to MORE People, MORE Often
At RCL Foods, we operate with a distinct vision and approach. Our mission is clear: provide more food to more people, more often. To achieve this, we believe in thinking bigger, working smarter, and fostering a collaborative spirit.
We are currently seeking a Safety, Health & Environment (SHEQ) Intern to join our Bread, Buns & Rolls Unit/Division. Based in Benoni, this role reports to the Risk Control Officer.
About RCL Foods
RCL Foods: A Leader in Food Manufacturing
RCL Foods Limited is a prominent South African consumer goods and milling company with a rich history dating back to 1960 when it was known as Rainbow Chicken Ltd. Headquartered in Westville near Durban, RCL Foods employs over 20,000 people and is 77.7% owned by the South African investment firm Remgro.
RCL Foods is renowned for producing a wide range of branded and private label food products, spanning various categories, from everyday essentials to premium and specialty offerings.
Driving Safety, Health & Environment Excellence
As a SHEQ Intern at RCL Foods, your responsibilities will encompass a range of crucial tasks, including:
- Technical Support: Provide technical support for the enhancement, maintenance, and monitoring of existing management systems and standard operating procedures (ISO45001 Management System).
- HSE Adherence: Ensure strict adherence to all company Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) processes and procedures.
- Safety Compliance: Conduct routine safety compliance inspections and audits, ensuring compliance with authorizations, guidelines, and legislations. Develop action plans for addressing areas of non-compliance.
- Safety Inspections: Conduct both proactive planned and unplanned safety inspections, and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Equipment Compliance: Ensure fire extinguishers and first aid boxes are compliant by ensuring they are serviced and unblocked.
- Risk Assessments: Conduct and review risk assessments to identify and mitigate potential risks.
- Reporting: Actively compile information for weekly, monthly, and various reports submissions.
- Emergency Drills: Schedule and conduct emergency response drills to ensure preparedness.
- Incident Investigations: Participate in incident investigations by compiling information and assisting in the investigation process.
- HSE Communication: Ensure that noticeboards effectively display essential HSE information.
- Statutory Meetings: Attend HSE statutory meetings and document minutes.
- CAPAs System: Assist in driving the Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) System.
Qualifications and Skills
To qualify for this SHEQ Internship, you should meet the following requirements:
- Matric / Grade 12
- Diploma in Health & Safety/Safety Management or currently pursuing one
- SAMTRAC certification is advantageous
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity and explore more career options at RCL FOODS, please click the button below to access the careers portal for additional details and application links.
RCL Foods is committed to Employment Equity, both for internal and external recruitment. Our policy is to prioritize internal candidates whenever possible, in alignment with our Employment Equity goals.