Site Engineering and Maintenance Internships 2023/ 2024 at Gibela Transport Rail . Join Gibela Transport Rail’s 12-month Site Engineering and Maintenance Internship program for 2023. We are looking for motivated, dynamic, and recently qualified graduates to be a part of this exciting journey.
- Application Deadline: 27 October 2023
- Expected Start Date: 1st November 2023
- Location: Nigel (Ekurhuleni) and Wolmerton (Pretoria North), South Africa
About Gibela Transport Rail
Discover the story behind Gibela Transport Rail, a company formed in 2013 as a black economic empowerment consortium, combining the expertise of French rail company Alstom and South Africa’s Ubumbano Rail.
Our Mission: Gibela holds a groundbreaking R51-billion contract with the South African government to manufacture 600 trains for the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA). This contract extends to train maintenance, technical support, and the production and supply of spare parts.
In Action: Witness state-of-the-art X’trapolis MEGA commuter trains as they roll off the production line at Gibela’s exclusive R1-billion factory in South Africa’s Ekurhuleni metropolis.
Creating Opportunities: Gibela is set to generate 1,500 direct jobs at the project’s peak and thousands of indirect jobs throughout the supply chain over a 10-year span. In line with contractual obligations to PRASA, Gibela is actively training thousands of historically disadvantaged South Africans, with a focus on women, in technical skills to benefit not only Gibela but the broader manufacturing industry.
Site Engineering and Maintenance Internships 2023/ 2024 at Gibela Transport Rail
Embark on a transformative journey with the Gibela Transport Rail Graduate Programme.
- Duration: 12 months
- Work Locations: Nigel (Ekurhuleni) and Wolmerton (Pretoria North)
What We Offer:
- A 12-month program that offers a unique opportunity to acquire valuable skills in the world of transport rail manufacturing.
- A challenging work environment with exciting job roles, working in diverse teams.
- Training and development of both technical and non-technical skills.
- Diploma or Bcom in Computer Science/Mechatronics
- No prior work experience required
- South African citizen aged between 18 and 35 years
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, teamwork, and respect
- Be reliable, efficient, self-reliant, and flexible
- Possess a positive outlook, driven by passion
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, submit your application with the following documents:
- Recently updated comprehensive CV
- Latest certified copies of all qualifications (including academic transcripts)
- Certified copy of your South African identity document
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Priority will be given to local communities living with disabilities in the areas surrounding the Gibela factory.
Gibela Transport Rail, in collaboration with Alstom, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to promoting diversity, including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Join us and be part of a drug-free workplace.