South African Breweries (SAB) Maltings In-Service Training Programme 2023. Join South African Breweries (SAB) ABinBev’s Maltings In-Service Training Programme for the year 2023/2024. We are actively seeking applicants to be part of our exciting journey. This program offers valuable training opportunities and hands-on experience in our renowned Maltings operations.
- VOPS Alrode, South Africa
South African Breweries (SAB) Maltings In-Service Training Programme 2023
Discover a company that has become a cornerstone of South Africa’s corporate landscape. With seven breweries, 42 depots, and a dedicated workforce of around 5,000 individuals, SAB is not just a brewer but a catalyst for a thriving beer economy that supports over 250,000 jobs, from cultivation to consumption.
Our beer portfolio caters to diverse consumer preferences and includes iconic brands like Castle Lager, Carling Black Label, Corona, Brutal Fruit, and Flying Fish.
For over a century, we’ve been more than a brewer; we’re a major economic contributor, a champion of sustainability, and an advocate for responsible consumption.
About the Programme
This program is all about the operation of pre-steeping, steeping, germination, kilning, effluent areas, and their related processes. In addition, it involves quality control checks, coaching team members, and supporting maintenance activities. This opportunity is based at Alrode Maltings.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
Operating and Process Control
- Operate equipment in Malting process areas following standard operating procedures.
- Continuously assess process performance, record downtime reasons, and review waste trends.
- Document waste and product movement accurately using the appropriate systems.
Maintenance of Plant and Equipment
- Conduct thorough equipment cleaning, lubrication, and inspection in line with maintenance schedules and autonomous operations.
- Identify and report defective plant equipment to the Team Leader.
- Assist the Standby Artisan in executing running repairs during the shift.
Quality Control and Analysis
- Perform required quality checks and analyses and record the results in the appropriate information system.
- Refer to work instructions/SOPs for the list of quality checks to be executed.
- Actively participate in shift meetings, ask questions, and contribute suggestions to improve processes.
- Utilize the action log to document issues, problems, and opportunities for improvement.
- Fully grasp the team’s goals and engage in team goal review sessions.
- Make effective use of communication media (e.g., operator workstations/team rooms) to stay informed and inform others about issues.
- Ensure thorough handovers to incoming shift team members, communicating plant performance, quality, and maintenance-related matters.
- Employ the 5Y’s and quick fix routines to identify the possible origin of problems and report them to the Team Leader for resolution.
- Currently enrolled in a National Diploma program in Chemical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering (3rd-year student).
- Understanding of the Malting Process and the chemical process of brewing beer.
- Willingness to gain experiential training and plant exposure.
- Ability to monitor process performance.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in PC literacy.
How to Apply
SAB/ABInBev upholds equal opportunity employment, and all appointments align with SAB/ABInBev’s employment equity plan and talent requirements.
The advertisement lists minimum requirements, but the management reserves the right to use additional relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.