There is an opening for a RESEARCH NURSE (on a Fixed Term Contract) at the Centre for Lung Infection and Immunity (CLII) (http://www.lunginstitute.co.za).
The CLII is located within the Department of Medicine’s Division of Pulmonology and is dedicated to advancing TB and COVID-19 research, treatment, training, and prevention throughout Southern Africa. A number of research projects are conducted at CLII sites in Cape Town related to HIV, TB, and COVID-19.
The Centre for Lung Infection and Immunity (Clii) At Uct Invites Applications for a Research Nurse On a Fixed Term Contract
The successful candidate will assist with the care and assessment of participants, as well as the collection of specimens and research data related to studies on TB and COVID-19.
We are looking for a Full-Time (40 hours per week) Fixed-Term Contract employee for a period of six months.
- Nursing qualification
- Become a member of the South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- Nursing experience between two and five years
- Knowledge of English, Afrikaans, and/or isiXhosa
- Ability to manage time, communicate effectively, and establish good relationships
- Computer Skills (MS Excel or Data Management Systems, email, internet)
- Having a valid driver’s license
- Own a reliable transportation system
- Travel willingness to various CLII research sites
- Clearance of credit and criminal records
The followingbe advantageous:
- Experience in research or clinical research
- Research Interests in Infectious Diseases
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) knowledge with current certification
- TB experience, especially working with drug-resistant patients
- Patient recruitment in hospital and clinic settings:
- Attending to participants’ needs during assessments
- At the hospital entrance, participants are escorted from the bus
- Organizing appointments for research participants and following up with them
- Informed consent and baseline clinical information
- Providing medical assistance, phlebotomy, and blood sample labeling
- Provide participants with pre- and post-test counseling
- Communication with participants and their families during clinical visits
- Keeping in touch with the clinical research team
- The administration of questionnaires, routine blood pressure and urine analysis, measurements of height and weight, and the performance of ECGs
- Documentation related to the study according to the specified protocols and GCP guidelines.
In order to apply, interested candidates must submit an application form, a cover letter, and an updated CV to: [email protected].
Email is the only form of application that will be accepted.
Reference (in subject line): Research Nurse: CLII-0005
You will only be contacted if you provide the correct reference. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 19 May 2023