There is a vacancy at the Department of Agriculture for an Administration Clerk. The successful candidate will work for Veterinary Laboratory Services in the quality control department. In your application form, please mention the reference number, AGR 2018-63, within your application form.
Admin Clerk job vacancy at Department of Agriculture
There is a level five salary available for this position, which is worth R 163 563 per year. To be considered for this position, candidates must possess a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification.
Recommendations: It is essential to have prior laboratory experience with LIMS systems and LIMS software, preferably labware LIMS.
All applicants must possess the following skills and competencies to be considered for the Administration Clerk position at the Department of Agriculture:
- Procedures for administration should be well understood
- Two or three official languages in the Western Cape are good for written and verbal communication
- A demonstrated level of computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and databases
- A good sense of organization and planning
- Working with both internal and external clients requires excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and accurately
- Ensure that samples are received at the sample reception office by assisting and receiving
- Provide clients with biological samples such as feces, blood, and organs
- Obtain missing information from clients on submission forms by contacting them
- Maintain the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) by capturing samples registration information
- Ensure samples are delivered to the appropriate lab sections
- Assist with the coordination of courier services for lab referrals
- Assist in updating the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) with client information
- Create new LIMS client records by assisting with the process
How to Apply
Candidates interested in applying for an administration clerk position at the Department of Agriculture should apply online here. The Department of Agriculture will consider only applications submitted online.
In case you encounter any difficulties when submitting your online application, technical support is always available from 8:00 until 16:00 from Monday to Friday. Helpline is also available: 0861 370 202
For further information regarding the Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Agriculture, please contact: Mr F Dreyer at (021) 887 0324