The ARTSCAPE Supply Chain Management department is seeking applicants for an (EPWP) Internship position as an SCM Administrator Intern (x1).
Artscape Theatre Centre Internships for 2023
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in SCM/Public Procurement Management/Public Management (An attached statement of results is required);
- A copy of the Grade 12 certificate (with the statement of results attached);
- The applicant must reside in Western Cape. She/he must provide proof of her/his residence.
- A minimum age of 18 to 25 is required;
- You should be keenly interested in theatre and its technical operations to be able to complete this program;
- Candidates must be fluent in English, Afrikaans, and IsiXhosa, which are the predominant languages in the Western Cape.
- Become a citizen of South Africa;
- A criminal record or pending case(s) must not be present; Previous experience in any discipline of Performing Arts is an advantage; Must have completed a national diploma or degree program in SCM, Public Procurement Management, or Public Management.
- Being willing to learn and maintaining a positive attitude are essential;
Summary of Duties
- Finding quotations and assisting with their sourcing;
- Requisitions must be captured;
- Monitoring outstanding commitments for goods, services, and deliveries;
- Providing support to the Finance and SCM departments for general administration;
- Participating in internal and external meetings, and keeping accurate minutes of these meetings;
- Providing assistance with bid processes and administration;
- Assist the bidding committees with administrative tasks;
- Update end users on Purchase Order status and potential delays
- It is essential that you are computer-literate with advanced skills in Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/Publisher;
- Teamwork skills are essential;
- The ability to write in English (written);
- Thinking creatively;
- An excellent ability to interact with others;
- The ability to manage time effectively is superb
Please note! Stipends will be provided to the successful candidate on a monthly basis.
It is the intern’s responsibility to report to the Supply Chain Manager throughout the internship period. In order to remain on the internship, the intern will have to submit a report to HR on a monthly basis.
An application must include a CV, an Artscape Application form, a motivational letter, a copy of the Qualifications / Certificates, and a certified copy of a South African ID card with a barcode.
Closing date: 17 April 2023
Candidates who have been shortlisted will only be contacted. The deadline for applications is 1 month after the closing date. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within that timeframe.
Email: Your full application and supporting documents to [email protected]