A traditional value system. What are some innovative ideas? Predict South Africa Inflation Rate. The answer is always the same at Rand Merchant Bank (RMB): why not do both? To solve traditional problems in an innovative way, we want to liberate your unique talent.
With the help of cutting-edge machine learning models, you can predict South Africa’s inflation rate with RMB and Zindi. It is a platform that hosts Africa’s largest community of data scientists, who use machine learning and artificial intelligence to solve business and societal problems.
Predict South Africa Inflation Rate And Win US$20,000 With RMB
Anyone interested in building a first machine learning model or experienced in data modelling can enter the competition. Alternatively, you can team up with someone else. This exciting opportunity and other programs for young talents will be explained to you by RMB when we visit your campus.
It is also possible that those who qualify for the Zindi competition may get an opportunity to participate in RMB’s Winter School as a result of entering the competition. Your application to the Minds That Matter graduate program could be one step closer to acceptance.
need from you?
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) will give you an estimate of South Africa’s inflation rate. There is no right or wrong way to do this. How about incorporating pollution into your model? You should go for it. We like the idea of satellite data as well.
You will be more successful if you take an innovative approach. We will provide each participant with a starter notebook that contains base data.
How do you win?
- Your model has plenty of time to be built and tested before the competition launches in March.
- You will be able to submit monthly predictions for CPI from May to September, and the most accurate forecast will be rewarded.
- As part of our analysis, we do not only look at how accurate your forecast is, but also its accuracy across subcategories of the CPI, such as food and beverages and housing.
- In the event that your model performs poorly one month, you might adjust your inputs or add inputs the next. Keeping track of your progress is easy with Zindi’s live leaderboard.
- We will test your final model until November, which you must submit in September. Announcing the winners and paying the prizes will follow.
What do you win?
Across our monthly prize categories and the overall final prizes, there is a total of US$20,000 up for grabs.
- Based on accuracy in both the total CPI and subcategories, the first and second place winners are:
- Solution that is best for South Africa
- The most innovative approach
How do you enter?
Zindi will facilitate the challenge. The process to enter is as simple as clicking here to register, and be sure to use RMB as your reference. Watch the Nowcasting CPI video here to learn more about building your inflation model. For any queries please contact the Zindi team on [email protected]