Receptionist Position at Gauteng Film Commission – Apply Today. The Gauteng Film Commission is a non-profit entity operating within the Gauteng Provincial Government under the purview of the Department of Sport, Arts, Culture, and Recreation.
Its mandate is to foster the development, promotion, and coordination of the film and television production industry in Gauteng.
Additionally, it aims to position the province as a premier destination for filmmaking and attract both local and international investments in the film and television sector.
Receptionist Position at Gauteng Film Commission – Apply Today
We are seeking a qualified Receptionist to join the Gauteng Film Commission team. The role involves providing efficient and friendly reception and telephone services to both internal clients and the public. Key responsibilities include:
- Greet and assist visitors, determining their needs and directing them accordingly.
- Answer telephone calls, transfer them to the appropriate individuals or departments, and ensure caller needs are met.
- Manage boardroom bookings for meetings.
- Provide general information and support, including assisting the Information Officer and making information available.
- Handle diary bookings and phone calls in the absence of the CEO’s Personal Assistant.
Telephone Usage Monitoring
- Maintain a register for international call requests.
- Print telephone reports and update telephone lists.
- Ensure the switchboard and telephone equipment are in working order.
Administer Stationery Processes
- Order, distribute, and monitor stock.
- Handle deliveries and mail registry, recording and distributing incoming mail.
- Matric / Grade 12
- Additional customer service or secretarial qualifications are advantageous.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Receptionist or Switchboard Operator.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service
- Telephone etiquette
- Effective time management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Reading and writing proficiency
- Typing skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Understanding of multiple languages
- In-depth knowledge of Switchboard Operator responsibilities
- Familiarity with filing systems
- Work effectively under pressure
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Make informed judgments and decisions
- Collaborate within a team
- Creativity and initiative
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Fluency in English and at least one African language
- Willingness to travel
How to Apply
Interested individuals should send their applications via email to [email protected], including:
- Comprehensive CV (PDF or MS Word Format)
- Certified Copies of Qualifications (PDF Format)
- Certified Copy of ID (PDF Format, not older than 6 months)
Ensure your application fully complies with the advert’s specifications. Qualifications of recommended candidates will be verified by an accredited agency.
Employment Equity Policy
Preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups in alignment with the Gauteng Film Commission’s employment equity policy.
If you do not receive feedback within one month after the application deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
For inquiries, please contact the HR Manager at 078 556 3019 or (011) 833 0409.