Train Control Officer Trainee Programme 2023 is being recruited by Transnet Freight Rail.
- Location: Various locations in South Africa
The mainline and specific designated sections of the network must be controlled and authorized to move all trains (including heavy-haul and specialized trains) in accordance with applicable safe operational procedures, including train working rules, rail directives, and prescribed business rules to ensure a safe, efficient and scheduled railway service in compliance with the Integrated Train Plan (ITP).
Transnet: Train Control Officer Trainee Programme 2023
Trains must be controlled and authorized within the same rules to move in and out of shunting yards and specific sections of the mainline or station.
Color lights are used to control trains and various sophisticated elements may be included, such as:
- CS90 interface
- Train detection equipment
- One or more
- Beaufort West
- Mathematics and/or Physical Science at the 12th grade, or an equivalent qualification
- If the candidate does not have previous train control officer experience, he or she must have been previously trained, licensed, and certified as competent for a minimum of twelve months to be considered for the position.
- Training for
- Prepare for comprehensive theoretical and practical training in order to be certified as competent to perform independent duties as a Train Control Official (Specialist) (Category C).
- In the alternative, if the candidate does not possess Grade 12 in Mathematics or Physical Science, then he or she is required to hold a Train Control Duties (Category B, J) Certificate of Competency.
- An experienced Train Control Officer (Mainline) with a minimum of 2 years continuous experience within Transnet Freight Rail (J, IB).
NOTE: Former train control officers must be prepared to undergo depot specific training if their previous license is still valid (proof is required).
It may be necessary for the candidate to undergo full initial training if the last time they performed Train Control duties was more than 6 months ago.
External Trainee Train Control Officers:
Be FISA-assessed and found competent for a specific method of train control, then be promoted to the parent grade for a period of 12 months after completing the structured train control training program (9 months).
Training in theoretical and practical aspects of Train Control is required for certification as competent
The applicant must undergo a 12 month safety behavioural risk assessment and periodic medical surveillance
Medical tests and related Safety Behavioural Risk Assessment will be undertaken to verify physical, hearing, vision, and mental fitness.
Preparation for working in an isolated area, working shifts, and traveling are all essential.
Curriculum Vitae to be submitted by email to [email protected]
The closing date
An applicant must ensure that HR receives an application before the advertisement’s closing date.
The application will be considered unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to [email protected]