Job Opportunity of Process Controller (Gr2) at Sasol. Sasol is actively seeking qualified candidates for the position of Process Controller Gr2.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this opportunity, we encourage you to submit your application.
- Closing Date: 06 November 2023
- Location: Sandton, GT, ZSasolburg, Free State
Sasol South Africa (Pty) Ltd operates as a prominent chemicals and energy company. We are known for producing fuels, oils, chemicals, polymers, fertilizers, and gas products.
While our roots are in South Africa, Sasol is a global integrated chemicals and energy company with a rich 70-year heritage. Our dedicated team employs their expertise and cutting-edge technologies to source, manufacture, and globally market chemical and energy products in a safe and sustainable manner.
When you become part of Team Sasol, you are joining a company that places people at the core of its mission. We invest in our employees’ growth throughout their careers and provide development opportunities in a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
Job Opportunity of Process Controller (Gr2) at Sasol
The Process Controller role involves operating process equipment and systems within a specific plant or unit at Sasol to achieve production requirements safely.
- Participate in emergency preparedness exercises
- Conduct routine safety equipment inspections
- Perform effective shift handovers
- Conduct gas tests for vessel entries and hot work
- Manage the mixing of process chemicals
- Handle process chemicals and compile shift logs
- Perform safety Operation Control Systems (OCS) inspections
- Participate in incident/accident prevention efforts
- Report all deviations
- Ensure plant cleanliness
- Monitor and report on emergency preparedness exercises
- Perform tasks on equipment as per the Career Guide
- Successfully complete permit training
- Standby for process level control
- Participate in potential deviation analysis (PDA), root cause analysis (RCA), and risk assessments
- Apply Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Follow modified plant procedures after implementation
- Adhere to Process Safety Management (PSM) standards
- Participate in start-up and shutdown procedures
- Comply with permit to work procedures
- Adhere to SHERQ standards (ISO, ASHAS, and implemented SHERQ processes)
- Actively engage in behavior-based safety programs on shift
- Support alignment of work with other departments
- Contribute to the resolution of performance problems
- Utilize available resources, such as raw materials and people, on-site
- Support workplace diversity
- Provide coaching and technical training to fellow workers
- Be accountable for your own competence on the plant
- Manage your own performance
- Achieve results through empowering others to act
- Uphold company values and ensure team compliance with these values
- Contribute to team motivation and wellness
- Understand customer requirements and ensure products/services meet those requirements
- Effectively network and liaise with relevant departments
- Identify and support interdependencies with other departments
- Ensure a smooth transition of work from one shift to the next
- Support overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) of the plant
- Apply new ideas and work methods to improve results
- Provide information and assist with projects in technical/support functions
- Assist with the implementation of organizational change initiatives within your team
- Full N3 with Maths, Science, and Business English, or Grade 12 with Maths, Science, and English
- PC Gr 2: NQF Level 2 Certificate
- Driver’s license (Code 8/10) (Preferred)
- Not applicable
To qualify for this position, you must participate in the learnership program and successfully complete the assessment process. You are also required to participate in all the necessary workplace readiness activities and exercises.
Note: Providing truthful information and valid documents is crucial for your application’s validity.
How to Apply
Sasol is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Inspired by our purpose of “Innovating for a better world,” Sasol values diversity as an integral part of our organization’s fabric, essential for our growth and success.
We give preference to applicants from designated groups and individuals with disabilities in accordance with Sasol’s Employment Equity Plan. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
If you do not receive a response within 6 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.