EPWP Admin Clerk (4 Vacancies) at South African National Biodiversity Institute. SANBI is currently seeking applications for the role of EPWP Administration Clerk.
This position involves capturing Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) outputs into the EPWP reporting system for the Branch Programmes.
The successful candidates will play a crucial role in maintaining data, ensuring accuracy, and providing administrative support to the data management unit.
About South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI)
Established in 2004 under the National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act, No. 10 of 2004, SANBI is mandated to research and disseminate information on biodiversity.
It plays a pivotal role in the management of South Africa’s biodiversity resources, operating under the Department of Forestry, Fisheries, and the Environment.
SANBI contributes to poverty reduction by providing training and sustainable employment opportunities in ecosystem rehabilitation and biodiversity science programs.
EPWP Admin Clerk (4 Vacancies) at South African National Biodiversity Institute
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for the EPWP Admin Clerk position include:
- Maintaining an electronic filing system.
- Capturing monthly progress reports on the EPWP reporting systems.
- Verifying data in spreadsheets and reports.
- Providing general administrative support to the data management unit.
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Grade 10 or an equivalent qualification at NQF 2 with 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Grade 12 or an equivalent qualification at NQF 4 with 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Higher education qualification/diploma or an equivalent qualification at NQF 5.
Candidates for this position should possess the following competencies:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel and Word.
- Some experience in customer service.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and within a diverse team.
How to Apply
Please follow these instructions when applying for this position:
- Complete the application form (available at the bottom of this post) and submit it along with a motivation letter and a two-page CV.
- Include certified qualifications confirming that you meet the minimum requirements.
- Provide the full names, addresses, telephone numbers, and, if possible, email addresses of at least three referees.
- Ensure you use the correct reference number for the area you are interested in.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
For inquiries or clarity regarding the application process, please contact Mr. Veli Ngobse at Tel: +27 (0)21 7998636/8800.
The application deadline is November 9, 2023. Candidates should be prepared for selection interviews, scheduled by SANBI. If no response is received within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
|Number of positions
Note: Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply, and SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Preference will be given to candidates from designated groups, in line with the SANBI Employment Equity Plan.