THINK, a non-profit organization, is dedicated to improving health and well-being in vulnerable communities worldwide. Our focus areas include research, health systems enhancement, and capacity building.
We address critical health challenges such as Infectious Diseases, Mental Health, Gender disparities, and healthcare resilience against pandemics and climate change. Our collaborative approach involves the local community, government consortia, and international funders to create impactful change.
Join THINK as a Data Capturer – Apply with Matric Qualification
Join our dynamic team as a Data Capturer and be part of our Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Department in Bloemfontein, Limpopo, and Sasolburg.
We’re seeking meticulous individuals with a passion for ensuring data quality. If you have a keen eye for detail and understand the vital role of data in health research and program success, this opportunity is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct routine data verification and validation checks to ensure completeness, consistency, and accuracy.
- Review and address discrepancies and anomalies in data reports.
- Maintain data quality in health information systems (e.g., DHIS, TIER.Net, EDR Web).
- Implement and promote standard operating procedures (SOPs) for data collection, input, and management.
- Provide data mop-up, back-capturing, and filing support in collaboration with DOH.
- Enhance system features and optimize data collection methods in collaboration with the IT department.
- Offer facility-level M&E training and mentorship to improve data input quality.
- Develop user-friendly guides and manuals for the data input process.
- Collaborate with clinical teams within healthcare facilities to ensure quality TB data reporting.
- Coordinate with medical staff to streamline data collection processes.
- Maintain a portfolio of evidence for generated reports.
- Prepare data summary reports for management and stakeholders.
- Resolve data queries and facilitate workshops for improvements.
- Ensure data confidentiality and align with data protection regulations.
- Regularly backup data and implement data security measures.
- Stay updated with data management trends and tools.
- Recommend and implement tools and strategies for data collection and monitoring.
- Matriculation certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent.
- Certification or formal training in monitoring and evaluation.
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience as an M&E Data Clerk or Data Capturer.
- Strong data handling and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with data collection tools and software.
- Previous experience in a healthcare or clinical setting is desirable.
- Experience with health information systems (e.g., DHIS, TIER.Net, EDR Web) is a plus.
Rewards and Benefits
- Live our values and work in a supportive environment.
- Enjoy a 37-hour work week for a better work-life balance.
- Competitive salary with room for growth within the organization.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage, including life, disability, and funeral insurance.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for support services.
- Contributions towards your medical aid for your health and well-being.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified candidates in line with this advert. THINK reserves the right to make appointments or close the vacancy within 5 working days of posting if sufficient applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven’t been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. THINK reserves the right to accept late applications or extend the closing date in special circumstances. Internal applicants will receive preference for shortlisting.
Closing Date: 26 October 2023
Locations: Limpopo [x10 posts] and Bloemfontein [x10 posts]
Please click the links below to view more details and apply for the location of your choice: