Sasol Search for a Mining Scheduler (Planning Assistant)-Apply Now. Sasol, a leading chemicals and energy company, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Mining Scheduler (Planning Assistant).
If you have the necessary skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2023
Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, ZA
Sasol South Africa (Pty) Ltd is a prominent chemicals and energy company with a global presence. With a heritage spanning 70 years, Sasol is dedicated to sourcing, manufacturing, and marketing chemical and energy products safely and sustainably. We believe in putting people at the heart of our operations, and we offer career development opportunities that foster diversity and inclusion.
Sasol Search for a Mining Scheduler (Planning Assistant)-Apply Now
The role of the Mining Scheduler (Planning Assistant) at Sasol involves contributing to the development of mine production plans and project schedules while coordinating responsibilities.
- Strategic Planning: Assist in developing annual strategic and budget production, stonework, and infrastructure plans using dedicated mine planning software, while adhering to geological information, mining restrictions, and performance targets.
- Monthly Forecasting: Create and maintain a monthly 24-month rolling production and stonework forecasting plan within the dedicated mine planning software.
- Work Block Scheduling: Support production-related activities by predicting future tons and qualities based on ground conditions and capacity assurance for coal blending and stock level management.
- Asset Management: Assist in annual asset management (mineable reserve) for the colliery’s entire lifespan.
- Water Model Management: Annually update and manage the water model for the colliery to ensure the safe storage of dirty water underground.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant operating licenses, including Mining Rights, Environmental, Water, and Survey requirements.
- Target Achievement: Support the colliery in achieving its set targets by assisting in production, stonework, and infrastructure planning and scheduling.
- Reporting: Contribute to the compilation of all mine planning presentations and reports, and attend relevant meetings on a monthly and annual basis.
- Formal Education: Post School Tertiary Diploma (South Africa / Eurasia)
- Minimum Experience: 2+ relevant years
Note: Providing false information and invalid documents will result in the nullification of your application.
How to Apply
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Driven by our Purpose of “Innovating for a better world,” we believe that diversity is at the core of our organization’s fabric and instrumental to our growth and success. We are committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and people with disabilities, in line with Sasol’s Employment Equity Plan.
This includes offering reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform essential job functions.
If you do not receive a response within 6 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Join Sasol in making a positive impact on the world through innovation and dedication. Apply now!