Ekapa Group Environmental Internship Programme 2023/2024. Ekapa Group welcomes applications from qualified candidates for the 2023-2024 Environmental Internship Programme. This one-year internship opportunity offers graduates a chance to become Environmental Interns and join the dynamic team at Ekapa Resources.
- Closing Date: October 17, 2023
- Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape
Ekapa Group Environmental Internship Programme 2023/2024
Situated in Kimberley, South Africa, near the Free State border, Ekapa comprises Ekapa Mining, the owner of Ekapa Resources, and Ekapa Minerals, the owner of Ekapa Minerals’ surface mining rights. The company operates as a unified entity with five units: Joint Shaft, Wesselton, Combined Treatment Plant (CTP), Surface Mining, and Services and Support.
Working at Ekapa is not just a job; it’s a journey of personal growth, development, self-discovery, and fulfillment. The company fosters a caring environment, enabling employees to excel and realize their full potential. Are you ready to become a part of the Ekapa family?
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Environmental Intern, your duties include:
- Enforcing overall environmental compliance through internal and external audits
- Conducting site inspections and preparing reports
- Implementing the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Reporting incidents
- Adhering to and promoting company policies and procedures related to health, safety, security, and environmental issues
- Collaborating with Mining and Engineering staff as required
- Participating in the implementation and management of environmental targets and KPIs
- Capturing data and creating presentations
To qualify for this internship, you should meet the following criteria:
- A degree in BSc Environmental Science, BA in Environmental Management, or a diploma in Environmental Sciences
- 0-2 years of experience in environmental management
- A valid Driver’s License (Code 08/EB)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates will undergo the following steps before final selection:
- Panel Interview
- Certificate of Fitness
- Security Clearance
Ekapa is an equal opportunity employer, and preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups in line with the company’s Employment Equity Policy and internal candidates. The recruitment and selection process involves pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical evaluations, and security clearances, with shortlisted candidates required to attend a panel interview.
Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates residing within the host labor sending area of Frances Baard District Municipality (proof of residence may be requested).
To apply, submit your CV, qualifications, and ID to [email protected] by October 17, 2023. If you are already employed by Ekapa, please also submit an authorized Internal Application Form. Note that incomplete documentation will not be considered, and if you haven’t heard from Ekapa within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates, and Ekapa reserves the right not to fill this position.
Please be aware that Ekapa does not accept any form of payment for recruitment purposes.