Job Vacancies of Administration Officer at University of the Western Cape. The University of the Western Cape is currently recruiting qualified professionals for the position of Administration Officer, with three vacancies available.
This presents an exciting opportunity for individuals with the requisite skills to contribute to the university’s dynamic environment.
Closing Date: 11 and 15 November 2023
Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
About the University
The University of the Western Cape, situated in Bellville near Cape Town, South Africa, is a public research institution. Founded in 1959, the university has evolved into a research-led institution committed to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, responding actively to the evolving needs of a changing world.
Job Vacancies of Administration Officer at University of the Western Cape
The University of the Western Cape is seeking individuals to join its vibrant and diverse community. The Administration Officer role involves providing general administrative support to the project management office, which is dedicated to delivering a variety of infrastructure projects across the university’s multiple campuses.
The successful candidates will be expected to combine strong administrative skills with a comprehensive understanding of project processes and a dedication to service delivery within a fast-paced environment.
The position reports to the Manager: Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for the Administration Officer position include:
- General administrative support
- Diary administration
- Financial reporting
- Documentation and records administration
- Procurement support
- Payment administration
- Project reports administration
- Relevant National Diploma (NQF 6)
- 3-5 years of project administrative experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in infrastructure projects
Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate should possess:
- General administrative and organizational skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Financial and computer skills
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- Knowledge of payment systems and processes
- Knowledge of project management processes
- Knowledge of the Higher Education environment would be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to emphasize their strengths in their applications. To be considered for the vacancy, applicants must attach a covering letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, and their highest qualification to their online profile.
For inquiries, please contact the Human Resources Department at +27 21 959 4063/ 9763/ 9708/3551/ 3756 or via email: [email protected].
To apply, click on the job link here or visit the UWC Careers page.